Immediate Opportunity for Color & Design Manager
Responsibilities of the Color and Design Manager include the following:
- Manage the color and design programs for the Product Finishes Division to achieve industry leadership in the focus markets served by the Global Color and Design Center. Develop and execute color and design marketing projects that support the field selling organization in growing sales.
- Manage the GCDC color and design center staff, studio, and related programs and projects.
- Actively target and develop relationships with furniture designers, kitchen cabinet designers and the design staff of other manufacturers served by the Product Finishes Division. Convert these design professionals to Sherwin-Williams colors and finishing systems, resulting in increased sales growth for the Division.
- Enhance the leadership position of Sherwin-Williams within the markets served by the GCDC with color design and marketing services, and selling tools.
- Work closely with the Color Marketing and Design Department of The Americas Group to stay abreast of national and global color and style trends. Interpret and apply these trends for the Product Finishes market segments, resulting in effective color and style guidance for the Product Finishes selling teams and customers.
- Work closely with the GCDC Color Stylist Technical Team to stay informed of new finishing styles and techniques and to jointly develop new color systems in response to broader industry trends.
- Maintain leading edge awareness and expertise of the color technologies and trends as they relate to the focus markets of the Product Finishes Division.
- Create and deliver color and design presentations for Product Finishes customers.
- Educate customers on color and design direction for their own particular focus market, including trends, new colors, techniques, substrates, new technologies and application processes that will help the customer be more competitive and gain market share.
Make color palate assessments and recommendations for customers as requested.
- Work directly with product designers and manufacturers to create custom designed, state of the art colors and finish systems for products imported and manufactured globally and domestically using Sherwin-Williams technologies and coatings.
- Manage project prioritization and communication with the Product Finishes marketing and sales teams.
- Develop and manage the internal communication plan for the GCDC, including content for the Selling Resources Community on Connections, breakouts and booths at the National Sales Meeting, and training presentations for facility managers and sales reps.
- Coordinate with the Color Stylist Technical Team to develop finishing system trend panels and displays for the Residential Furniture Spring & Fall Markets as well as the Las Vegas Furniture Market twice yearly.
- Explain and demonstrate the GCDC’s many capabilities and value added services with regard to color, finish and design expertise, to prospective and current customers, as well as to Product Finishes internal selling teams.
Additional dimensions of this position include:
- Generates sales and profits by providing value-added services to external and internal customers.
- Impacts competitive edge over other paint companies and design firms offering similar services.
- Provides services related to color marketing and design initiatives in support of the Product Finishes overall marketing strategy.
- Increase productivity through the use of computer skills and new technology.
- Researches and implements cost effective solutions to benefit operations and continue competitive improvement.
- Enhances company image by producing high quality and high value professional services.
- Uses computer technology to continually identify opportunities for productivity improvement.
- Direct control of developing productive relationships with product designers.
- Direct control over the distribution of color tools and product information as well as other marketing materials to product design professionals.
- Direct control of planning and conducting educational seminars for product design professionals.
- Direct control of expenses relating to daily activities and special events with manager’s approval.
- Direct control of partnerships with Product Finishes marketing and selling teams, facilitating the exchange of sales leads.
Minimum of 5 years related work experience
Color and design experience in a home furnishing market and/or other industry
Experience and background directly related to wood finishing
Experience and knowledge of paints and coatings industry
Bachelor’s degree in design