Immediate Positions Available for Furniture Designers and Design Engineers
Heritage Home Group has 4 positions open for design engineers and designers in their contracts division. HHG is growing; the contracts group has done an enormous business and is adding positions as people have moved in to higher roles.
Below is the list of openings:
1 – Contract Design Engineer for Upholstery #7107 (1 Opening). Please see Contract Design Engineer Job Summary below.
2 – Contract Design Engineer for Case Goods #7108 (2 Openings). Please see Contract Design Engineer Job Summary below.
1 – Designer – Contracts #7195 (This role will be part of a succession plan. Knowledge will be shared and taught by an existing experienced individual.) (1 Opening). Please see Designer – Contract Job Summary below.
Please apply directly using HHG’s career page. The job ID number for each of the positions is listed above for your convenience in applying on the link is listed below:
If you have issues with applying through the website listed above, you can email your resumes directly to:
Heritage Home Group
Contract Design Engineer
This position reporting to the Manager of Product Development, HHG Contract, is responsible for developing engineering information including full scale 3d models, bills of materials, part drawings, repair part sketches, and vendor specifications, from designer sketches and or designer details of furniture pieces. Specifications are to be developed through the use of 2d and 3d modeling software (Inventor 11).
- Draw, interpret, and execute designs. Need artistic ability and able to visualize in 3-D
- Experience with Auto Cad & freehand sketching furniture and accessories.
- Merchandising and competitive analysis a plus
- Confer with sales, design, and production for input
- Possible travel, including international, may be required.
- Develop modeled furniture details through the use of the 3d modeler Inventor and AutoCad
- Develop bills of materials supportive of the model and HHG standards.
- Develop shop tag sketches that communicate specifications to the manufacturing floor.
- Develop engineering specifications as need by suppliers such as hinges, electrical, urethane, polyester, and fancy face veneer drawings.
- Support the repair part program by developing sketches of all items showing parts that can be replaced.
- Play an active role in working through quality/engineering problems that develop.
- Work with production facilities to communicate engineering information/changes
- Provide support for Customer Service for both import and retail product.
- All functions should be performed with an emphasis on good cost control.
- All efforts done while reporting to the Manager of Product Development and supporting the product development process.
- Perform other duties as required or requested.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design
- Must have 2d cad skills (3d modeling preferred)
- Proven experience conceptualizing, executing, and modifying designs.
- Experience working with Inventor 11 software desired
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
Three years of furniture manufacturing experience with a good understanding of woodworking equipment and construction
Designer – Contract
Heritage Home Group’s Contract Division is seeking a Designer to bring out new product lines and work with customers to bring their concepts to manufacture. Working closely with both our internal manufacturing and international supply chain vendors will provide technical support needed to achieve the goals of Quality, Cost and Delivery of new products. The position is located in North Carolina and reports directly to the General Manager of Design and Engineering, Contract.
- Able to work with the Company’s Design team, Internal Manufacturing, Procurement Staff, Supplier Quality, Costing/Finance and other departments as well as the overseas vendor’s staff to communicate the technical requirements for the development of new products.
- Must be able to communicate clearly via email and telephone all necessary information that is required by our remotely located teams and the vendors such that their staff can understand and create new products to the company’s design and quality standards while achieving targeted cost.
- Must be able to work with customers to develop products that meet their design requirements and cost while also ensuring that manufacturing can meet these expectations in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Support Sales in the quoting process and address any variances to cost.
- Provide the purchasing team with information so they can accurately place orders for new product.
- Work with both internal costing and international quoting to achieve targeted cost.
- Provide direction and product information via product specification sheets and Auto-Cad drawings to vendors so that all design and engineering requirements are clear and fully understandable.
- Required to travel to customer sites, trade shows, and manufacturing facilities.
- Maintain a safe, healthy and positive work environment.
- May perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Education & Qualifications
- Degree in Furniture Design preferred.
- 10 years’ experience in new product development preferably in the furniture industry preferred.
- Solid understanding of manufacturing practices in the furniture industry.
- Must possess good communication skills, both written and verbal and possess the ability to deal with all levels of the corporation.
- Requires the ability to multi-task and establish priorities from the tasks/projects at hand.
- Should possess solid furniture related product knowledge.
- Prefer continuous improvement working knowledge.